How to Setup Bing Webmaster Tools
For all of the same reasons you setup Google Search Console on your site, you’ll want to setup Bing Webmaster Tools as well. The only thing better than getting feedback on your site directly from a search engine, is getting feedback from two search engines! Just because you get the majority of your organic search traffic from Google, doesn’t mean you should ignore Bing.
Setting up Bing Webmaster Tools
- To get started with Bing Webmaster Tools go to: http://www.bing.com/toolbox/webmaster/
- Sign in using a Microsoft account
- Enter the URL of your website in the Add a Site field and then click Add
- The next page will prompt you for information about yourself and your business.
- Now, you’ll need to verify your website. There are three different ways to do this.
- The first two methods are the simplest options. The first method requires you to download the Bing Authentication file and upload to the root directory of your website. The second method requires you to copy and paste a meta tag to the head section of your homepage.
- The last option requires you to add a CNAME record to your DNS. You can select your DNS provider from the drop-down for more specific directions.
That’s all there is to it! Now your site is verified with Bing Webmaster Tools and you can start getting valuable insights to optimize your website.